Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sleepless in Seattle

It’s been one week since my move from charlotte to Seattle. Seattle is very beautiful... Water water everywhere... nice weather, friendly people. Took me some time to adjust to PST though, but now everything is back in order....

Okay before i bore my blog fans (cough cough) let me tell you abt things that stood out for me in seattle...

There is no AC in any of the apartments!!!! i know even i was shocked. At first i thought Amazon gave my husband a crappy apartment... After living in US for last few years one of the thing i love is AC/heater in all the apartments. It is so convenient. Here in Seattle everyone uses Fans.... yes guys it is Indian style of beating the heat.... FANSSSSSSSSSSSS. I am loving it. As my husband puts it "it will be easy for you to move to India from here.... ".

I must add though here summer is only 2 months and the rest 10 months it rains... so you don’t need AC that much... even then NO AC in US of America!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone talks about technologies... I guess this is because of Microsoft crowd... any gathering or outings will end up in discussion about new technologies, latest electronic gadgets, games blah blah blah..... Boring boring boring...... sigh...

Walking.... Everyone prefers either walking or riding a bus. Walking is something i lost after coming to US. Only walking I did in Charlotte was from my home to office which was just across the street.

One thing is Seattle is very interesting place and I am sure I will like it here……….

PS: Trying to fit into a technology savvy crowd……..

3 comments:

Tedy Kanjirathinkal said...

Hmmm... Vini, I wonder, if the civilization in Seattle kicked off with some Brits landing there in ancient ships - its the same in England too!!! No A/C in apartments - the heaters are typically modular ones - each room might have a separate heater - not the ones like you find in most of USA!!

Vini said...

exactly tedy... here also heaters are modular one.... :-) but the place is kewl....

Reia Organa said...

Howz Seattle compared to Irving, Vini? :-)